When You're Weak - I Am Strong - Part 1
当你軟弱时 -- 我就剛強 --之一
Jan 30, 2016 John Dickeson
Why sometimes God's "No" is better than our "Yes."
1. Sometimes, in our affliction, God says "no" FOR NOW.
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revleations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:7-9a
7又恐怕我因所得的啟示甚大、就過於自高、所以有一根剌加我肉體上、就是撒但的差役、要攻擊我、免得我過於自高。 8為這事、我三次求過主、叫這剌離開我。 9他對我說、我的恩典彀你用的．因為我的能力、是在人的軟弱上顯得完全．
2. When God doesn't give immediate healing, He promises SUSTAINING grace and supernatural Power through my suffering.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9a
3. I experience God's power when I Trust His promise more than I trust my pain.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
God's Strength + My Weakness > My Strength + No Weakness
神的力量 + 我的軟弱 > 我的力量 + 没有軟弱
- In 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Paul the Apostle describes his "thorn in the flesh" as a physical condition with daily torment. What pain, weakness, or discouragement is a "thorn in the flesh" in your life presently?
- In your suffering, have you ever wondered if God is mad at you, punishing you, or has abandoned you? Were any of these the case for Paul in his suffering?
- Did Paul not get healed because he lacked faith?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:9 to discover God's answer to Paul's request for healing. Based on verse 10, did Paul submit and agree with God's promise, or not? What would this look like in your life?
- Ultimately, Paul experienced so much of Heaven's strength through his suffering that he began to delight in and take joy in his weaknesses, insults, persecutions and difficulties. Would you invite God to show His strength in your weaknesses in this way?